iSTEPup for health creates chances for young and motivated students with insufficient financial funds to become a healthcare professional. We will do so by offering scholarships for studies to become a nurse, midwife, doctor and pharmacist. We put our utmost efforts to make basic healthcare accessible for everyone in a sustainable way. The foundation iSTEPup strives for transparency and self-reliance.
iSTEPup for health is convinced that improving education is the key to the development of a country. That is why we strive to reach a world where young underprivileged people are given equal opportunities to become a healthcare professional. We promote the important value of tertiary education and want to reduce the large drop-out rate after secondary education in order to build up local capacity in healthcare and indirectly invest in the local economy.
- Provide scholarships to international underprivileged students with the ambition to become a healthcare professional (nurse, midwife, doctor of pharmacist).
- Reducing the incidence of drop-out after secondary to tertiary education.
- Support potential students through the local infrastructure for education and training in their country of origin.
- Ensure that at least 95% of all donations are used to finance scholarships through transparent methods.
- Directly contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals number 3 (good health and well-being), number 4 (Quality Education), and number 8 (decent work and economic growth).1
- Increase awareness of people living in high income countries about the educational system in other countries, about the global high incidence of drop-out after secondary education, and how they can help to fight this at a local level.
- Indirectly support the Sustainable Development Goals number 1 (no poverty), 5 (gender equality), and number 10 (reduced inequalities).1
- Work together with local institutions, partners including NGO’s with similar objectives, and other educational foundations or charities.
- United Nations. Sustainable development knowledge platform. 2015. Accessed on December 1st, 2017. Available at: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs